sustantivo (plural categories)
1A class or division of people or things regarded as having particular shared characteristics: the various categories of research
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The most widely used algorithms can be grouped into five main categories, as shown in Table 1.
- All the main tax categories increased with income and corporation tax showing particularly strong surges.
- For purposes of classification they could be divided into five broad categories.
class, classification, categorization, group, grouping, bracket, head, heading, list, listing, set;
type, sort, kind, variety, species, genre, breed, style, brand, make, model, family, stamp, cast, ilk, kidney;
grade, grading, order, rank, status;
division, section, department, compartment, pigeonhole
2 Philosophy Each of a possibly exhaustive set of classes among which all things might be distributed.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- In outlining the category of substance, we have already referred to examples of the second category listed, quality.
- Kant believed that he had arrived at his list of categories by a process of abstraction.
2.1Each of the a priori conceptions applied by the mind to sense impressions.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Kantian categories of thought which we use to make sense of the world are those possessing this property, which we shall term reciprocity.
- These fundamental categories are a priori, that is, they exist prior to experience.
- So, for example, the category of substance is interpreted in terms of permanence.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Of course, temporal-parts theorists may urge that this categorial distinction between objects and processes is a superficial and philosophically unjustifiable one, rooted in the idiosyncrasies of everyday grammatical forms.
- Statistical relations between the categorial variables were analysed with SPSS software, using analysis or the Cochran Q test for related dichotomous variables.
- The political significance of categorial identity is clear in part because we are used to thinking of politics by reference to identity categories anyway.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda