- 1The amniotic membrane enclosing a fetus.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- They made theirs of pig offal, enclosed in the cleaned caul of a pig (the caul is a membrane surrounding the intestines).
- Around this, fold a layer of Bayonne ham, the two layers of caul and tie gently in 3 or four places.
- Thus he ordered the ‘Triada special’, a huge kofte of chicken, veal and pork enclosed in some sort of natural caul and charcoal-grilled, which he pronounced heavenly.
- 1.1Part of the caul occasionally found on a child’s head at birth, thought to bring good luck.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Dr. Potato emails from the Phillipines to share another superstition about the caul - that it's associated with a sixth sense.
- The ‘second skin,’ characteristic of both those born in a caul and ‘skin shifters,’ is, therefore, like a serpent skin.
- The range was wide, covering subjects such as baptismal customs, remembrance notices in the press, Essex girl jokes, modern witches, cauls and the puns in the names of hairdressing establishments.
- 2 • historical A woman’s close-fitting indoor headdress or hairnet.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The sheath and cord, or ‘cauls and strings,’ as they were called, were sometimes accompanied by a purse, as is the case with the set in nearly perfect condition shown in Plate III.
- He held his hands out in the near blackness of the chapel, brushing against her caul.
- Halpern kept his arms crossed and eyes forward, while Ren was grinning and tucking a few stray hairs up under a mesh caul.
- 3 Anatomy The omentum.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Invert each of the eye loins, terrine side down, onto the caul fat.
- Wrap the caul fat tightly around the pork chops, trimming off any excess.
- Season with salt and pepper and tie string around each saddle to secure the caul fat.
Middle English: perhaps from Old French cale 'head covering', but recorded earlier.
Más definiciones de caulDefinición de caul en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.