- The harsh cry of a rook, crow, or similar bird.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Instead I was met with the harsh caw of a crow, breaking the eerie silence.
- The crow's caw is much more harsh and resonant than that of the rook.
- The ground was hard and brown and rocky, parched, but the caw of birds from a nearby grove of olive trees muted the sound of my footsteps.
verbo[no object] Volver al principio
- Utter a caw: rooks cawed in the dark treesMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Rooks caw in the trees, jackdaws nest in their new chimney, sparrows feed on neighbours' tables.
- But it's also a rustic idyll - an extensively renovated old style estate cottage in the middle of a copse of tall tree where rooks caw incessantly in the Spring sunshine.
- Thrushes sing in the green shrubbery; rooks caw in the elms.
late 16th century: imitative.
Más definiciones de cawDefinición de caw en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.