Definición de caw en inglés:
The harsh cry of a rook, crow, or similar bird.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Instead I was met with the harsh caw of a crow, breaking the eerie silence.
- The crow's caw is much more harsh and resonant than that of the rook.
- The ground was hard and brown and rocky, parched, but the caw of birds from a nearby grove of olive trees muted the sound of my footsteps.
verbo[no object] Volver al principio
Utter a caw: rooks cawed in the dark trees
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Rooks caw in the trees, jackdaws nest in their new chimney, sparrows feed on neighbours' tables.
- But it's also a rustic idyll - an extensively renovated old style estate cottage in the middle of a copse of tall tree where rooks caw incessantly in the Spring sunshine.
- Thrushes sing in the green shrubbery; rooks caw in the elms.
Late 16th century: imitative.
Palabras que riman con cawabhor, adore, afore, anymore, ashore, awe, bandore, Bangalore, before, boar, Boer, bore, chore, claw, cocksure, comprador, cor, core, corps, craw, Delors, deplore, door, draw, drawer, evermore, explore, flaw, floor, for, forbore, fore, foresaw, forevermore, forswore, four, fourscore, furthermore, Gábor, galore, gnaw, gore, grantor, guarantor, guffaw, hard-core, Haugh, haw, hoar, ignore, implore, Indore, interwar, jaw, Johor, Lahore, law, lessor, lor, lore, macaw, man-o'-war, maw, mirador, mor, more, mortgagor, Mysore, nevermore, nor, oar, obligor, offshore, onshore, open-jaw, or, ore, outdoor, outwore, paw, poor, pore, pour, rapport, raw, roar, saw, scaur, score, senhor, señor, shaw, ship-to-shore, shop-floor, shore, signor, Singapore, snore, soar, softcore, sore, spore, store, straw, swore, Tagore, tau, taw, thaw, Thor, threescore, tor, tore, torr, trapdoor, tug-of-war, two-by-four, underfloor, underscore, war, warrantor, Waugh, whore, withdraw, wore, yaw, yore, your
Definición de caw en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
= de moda