(also lesser celandine)
- A common plant of the buttercup family which produces yellow flowers in the early spring. See also greater celandine.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Ranunculus ficaria, family Ranunculaceae
- Spring flowers which can be spotted in the wood at this time of year include the yellow celandine, marsh marigold and wood anemone (also known as wind flower).
- Spring flowers - celandines, primroses, violets, wood anemones - were followed by pyramid and early purple orchids, wild thyme and rockrose.
- A member of the poppy family, the celandine plant is distinct for its golden yellow flower and bright orange milky juice.
Middle English, from Old French celidoine, from medieval Latin celidonia, based on Greek khelidōn 'swallow' (the flowering of the plant being associated with the arrival of swallows).
Más definiciones de celandineDefinición de celandine en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.