Definición de celebrity en inglés:
sustantivo (plural celebrities)
- Over the past few days various local celebrities and sports stars have called in to offer their support.
- Because underneath it all, these stars and celebrities are just normal people.
- It is easy to see why some celebrities change their name when fame beckons.
- They have achieved celebrity, not true fame, as all people sound of mind will understand.
- As long as they were near a main road, they could achieve national celebrity.
- Such reticence, of course, is a cardinal sin in a media world that worships the gods of celebrity and fame.
A celebrity was originally a solemn ceremony, although the Latin source of celebrity and celebrate, from the same period and originally meaning to perform a public religious ceremony, is closer to our modern sense. It comes from Latin celebritas, from celeber ‘frequented or honoured’.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.