- Evidence potentially contradicting this interpretation consists of scapula hoes and celts, tools normally associated with swidden horticulture.
- There are three chipped stone celts of Smoky Hill jasper in the collection and one of a very well cemented, fine-grained quartzite.
- Their surfaces betray hints of carving: the carved supports may once have presented imagery of personified, sacred stones, probably supernaturally charged greenstone celts.
Early 18th century: from medieval Latin celtis 'chisel'.
- The Urnfield cultures were a group of central European Bronze Age cultures associated with the Celts.
- Similarly, the racial character of the Neolithic and Bronze Age inhabitants of England is uncertain, although we do know that by the Roman era many were Celts.
- These are typical of the deep belief of both Celts and Romans that every place had its own deity.
- In the end, James concedes that modern Celts exist as a legitimate ethnic group on the grounds that they are self-naming and have a shared sense of difference and history.
- On Wednesday we'll be getting our own back when several thousand Celts descend on the place for the make or break game against Rosenborg.
- Kenny Dalglish's Celtic might be out of the Tennents Scottish Cup, trailing Rangers in the league and actively seeking a new coach, but what price a Celt landing the Martell Grand National at Aintree.
From Latin Celtae (plural), from Greek Keltoi; in later use from French Celte 'Breton' (taken as representing the ancient Gauls).
Palabras que riman con Celtbelt, dealt, dwelt, felt, gelt, knelt, melt, misdealt, pelt, Scheldt, smelt, spelt, svelte, veld, welt
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.