- 1The binding together of particles or other things by cement.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Trace fossils are concentrated towards the base of the member, where preferential cementation of the bioturbation has resulted in prominent erosion-resistant horizons.
- Rocks in intermediate-burial settings experience chemical compaction as well as subsurface cementation and dissolution.
- The preponderance of early cementation and brecciation (in thin beds) towards the top of the Langport Member is compatible with reduced sedimentation rate (resulting from deepening and sediment starvation).
- 2 Metallurgy A process of altering a metal by heating it in contact with a powdered solid.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Steel of a sort was made by the Hittite smiths, by hammering and heating the iron in contact with charcoal: a process called cementation.
- By the 1st century BC brass coins were being minted using a method akin to the cementation process - a means of producing brass from copper and zinc ore in a crucible.
- Standard Wrought Iron bars were placed in the Cementation Furnace for conversion into Cementation or Blister Steel.
Más definiciones de cementationDefinición de cementation en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.