Definición de centrifuge en inglés:
A machine with a rapidly rotating container that applies centrifugal force to its contents, typically to separate fluids of different densities (e.g. cream from milk) or liquids from solids.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- In simple terms this demands the construction either of large, slowly rotating vehicles or small, rapidly spinning human centrifuges that can be contained within more conventional spacecraft.
- For one of his current projects, he renders and filters the fat out of Kobe beef and he puts the liquid into a centrifuge, which separates it by density into three distinct layers, each with a different flavor.
- A centrifuge may include a fluid separation wall aligned substantially parallel to an axis of rotation and include an inner surface, a void area, and an outer surface.
verbo[with object] Volver al principio
1Subject to the action of a centrifuge.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The cells were centrifuged and subjected to a mild hypotonic treatment (0.56% ammonium oxalate).
- The packed cell volume is determined by centrifuging the specimen in capillary tubes and measuring the height of the red cell column.
- Samples were centrifuged at 10,000 g.
1.1Separate by centrifuge: the black liquid is centrifuged into oil and water
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In both cases, the solid catalyst was centrifuged out, washed in 40 ml of DI water, centrifuged again, and finally vacuum dried at room temperature for 12 h.
- Water insolubles were centrifuged out and discarded.
- Blood collected in red top tubes can be centrifuged into two layers - white and red cells.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- The supernatant from the first centrifugation was centrifuged at 10,000 × g for 10 min.
- Soluble and insoluble fractions were separated by centrifugation in glass centrifuge tubes.
- Fluorescence experiments after centrifugation confirmed that there were no vesicles in the supernatant.
Palabras que riman con centrifugerefuge • subterfuge
Definición de centrifuge en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda