- 1Relating to the narrow neck-like passage forming the lower end of the womb: cervical cancerMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Women who smoke are twice as likely as those who do not to develop cervical cancer.
- It's believed that some forms of HPV put women at greater risk for cervical cancer.
- This change in the cells of the cervix often occurs from cervical cap or diaphragm use or from infection.
- 2Relating to the neck: the fifth cervical vertebraMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Effective speech depends also on the motor neurons in the cervical and thoracic parts of the spinal cord that serve the muscles of breathing.
- The cervical region of the spinal cord was dissected out after laminectomy.
- Most children requiring hospital admission for trauma are considered at risk of injury of the cervical spinal cord.
late 17th century: from French, or from modern Latin cervicalis, from Latin cervix, cervic- 'neck'.
Más definiciones de cervicalDefinición de cervical en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.