(also chaddar or chuddar)
- A large piece of cloth that is wrapped around the head and upper body leaving only the face exposed, worn especially by Muslim women.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Her tales are told through panoramas of opposites: the desert and the sea; the architecture of East and West; and women of Islam in black chadors and Muslim men in crisp white shirts.
- Though it was common for women to wear the hijab, typically a loose overcoat and head scarf, the chador was the mark of women from strict Muslim families.
- For example, under the influence of Islamic fundamentalism, women are required to wear full body coverings, such as chadors and burqas.
early 17th century: from Urdu chādar, chaddar, from Persian čādar 'sheet or veil'.
Más definiciones de chadorDefinición de chador en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.