Definición de chalaza en inglés:
sustantivo (plural chalazae /-ziː/)Zoology
(In a bird’s egg) each of two twisted membranous strips joining the yolk to the ends of the shell.
- In wheat, evidence was found that a barrier occurred in the chalaza, a small zone of cells between the maternal vascular tissue and the nucellus.
- In sections of caryopses, greenish yellow fluorescence was observed in the cell walls of the chalaza and the outer layers of the nucellar projection.
- The chalaza in a duck egg is not as noticeable as it is in a chicken egg and the white is more transparent with less yellow coloring.
- Example sentences
- Note the chalazal vascular bundle that encircles about three-quarters of the seed and the two short side branches that contain phloem only.
- In addition, a strong staining was observed in maternal chalazal tissue shortly after fertilization, and persisted throughout seed development.
- No changes in the staining of chalazal cell walls were detected at the end of grain filling.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia