- 1(Especially of a gun) having a chamber of a particular kind: the rifles are chambered for an intermediate size cartridgeMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Now think about the calibers for which all those guns are chambered.
- The revolver was originally chambered for the .44 Henry rimfire cartridge.
- Winchester's previous rifle was only chambered for the .44 Henry Rimfire cartridge.
- 1.1 Archaeology (Of a tomb) containing a burial chamber.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- This would not be out of place in a much older Neolithic chambered tomb.
- In prehistoric Britain early agricultural communities deposited their dead in communal, highly visible locations such as chambered tombs, barrows and burial cairns.
- The interesting thing was that whereas the pots from chambered tombs were thick and heavy, the domestic pots were really quite dainty with thin walls.
- 1.2 Biology (Of a plant, animal body, or organ) having one or more body cavities: [in combination]: a four-chambered heartMás ejemplos en oraciones
- It's possible that the complex, chambered heart didn't change gradually, with many genes evolving minor mutations that changed their functions.
- You can find them in phenomena ranging from the shell of the chambered nautilus to hurricanes and spiral galaxies.
- Being leaf eaters, they eat a great deal of leaves, fruits, twigs, and tree bark; they have chambered stomachs.
Más definiciones de chamberedDefinición de chambered en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.