Definición de champagne socialist en inglés:
A person who espouses socialist ideals while enjoying a wealthy and luxurious lifestyle.
- Beginning in Italy with the second world war mere weeks away, its eponymous heroine is a young Englishwoman married to Gabriele, the champagne socialist scion of the wealthy D' Alessandria clan.
- Putting on his socks might now be a challenge, but the champagne socialist still likes to slosh round the bubbly stuff and talk about his work, politics and the two Penelopes in his life
- As a Labour supporter and donor, he's been branded a champagne socialist and incompetent; and has been subjected to votes of no confidence by a policyholders' action group.
champagne socialism sustantivo
- Example sentences
- Balliol, predictably, are awkward too, eschewing a ball entirely in favour of a ‘Summer Event ’, presumably as Black Tie is a little bit too Black Shirt for their particular brand of champagne socialism.
- Is it legitimate compassion, or a self-serving identification with the fashionable causes of the day, a champagne socialism that can go hand in hand with the process of personal enrichment?
- Let's say this is a structural weakness of his oeuvre and - what the hell - of champagne socialism in general.
Definición de champagne socialist en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan