Definición de champerty en inglés:
sustantivo[mass noun] Law
An illegal agreement in which a person with no previous interest in a lawsuit finances it with a view to sharing the disputed property if the suit succeeds.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- First, that ought to weigh with the court in considering, in connection with the law of champerty, whether the agreement into which he entered was justifiable.
- It is said to be Victoria where the agreement is made, a State in which maintenance and champerty is no longer unlawful, perhaps not even tortious.
- Historically, English and American common law has prohibited champerty - and officially, that is still the American rule.
- 1champertous adjetivo
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- In our contention the Court of Appeal wrongly regarded the 1993 Act as abolishing more than the consequences in criminal law and in tort of champertous conduct.
- A champertous agreement was illegal and void, involving as it did criminal conduct.
- In any event even if they themselves were a firm of solicitors their agreement would be champertous.
Definición de champerty en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda