- 1A chariot driver.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- May thy sons be brave, victorious, good charioteers and worthy of sitting in councils of men.
- The most important of all is a lampstand - complete with bronze legs made to look like horses' feet which archaeologists suspect may have been buried along with a famous charioteer.
- It was designed to stop any direct assault on the fort by chariots, slowing them enough to leave the charioteers exposed to attack from the warriors manning the ramparts, who would then use slingshots to rain down stones and rocks.
Middle English: from Old French charieter, from chariot 'large cart' (see chariot). The sense in astronomy dates from the early 20th century.
Más definiciones de charioteerDefinición de charioteer en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.