Definición de chasten en inglés:
1(Of a reproof or misfortune) have a restraining or moderating effect on: the director was somewhat chastened by his recent flops (as adjective chastening) a chastening experience
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Perhaps chastened by the experience, and certainly restricted by a hung council, Labour have subsequently become more conciliatory.
- Segal is suitably chastened after last week's events.
- In this way the ships captain kept a tight rein on his men and when the ship set sail it was with a suitably chastened crew, or so the Captain thought.
1.1 archaic (Especially of God) discipline; punish.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- A number of times in Scripture when addressing the Jews, God chastened them for not obeying His Word.
- God Himself is said to use this method: those whom He loves, He chastens, even perhaps with the prospect of death.
- With the loss of so many illusions at once I cannot remember when I have felt so vulnerable or chastened, but neither can I remember when I have felt so alive.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- She is the solace of the forlorn, the chastener of the prosperous, and the guide of the wayward.
- The fact it has been discovered now will probably act as a chastener for a little time, but unless the root causes of the problem are dealt with we will always find people prepared to make profit out of the misery of other people.
- It is a stabilizer and chastener.
Palabras que riman con chastenbasin, caisson, diapason, hasten, Jason, mason
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
= de moda