Definición de chav en inglés:
sustantivoBritish informal , derogatory
A young lower-class person typified by brash and loutish behaviour and the wearing of (real or imitation) designer clothes.
- The anti-social behaviour of male chavs seems to reflect their realisation that they are an underclass, not really needed any more, except when young for unskilled manual jobs.
- Then I spot a group of five or six real chavs in hooded tops and trackie bottoms sitting on a wall by a bus stop.
- He is England's most exciting young footballing talent, a teenage multi-millionaire… and a chav.
1990s: probably from Romany chavo 'boy, youth' or chavvy 'baby, child': sometimes said to have originated in Chatham, Kent, and to be a shortening of that name.
- Example sentences
- I'd rather die than wear a chavvy baseball cap.
- I'd run completely out of petrol so an essential trip to the local chavvy garage was in order.
- "England is very thuggish and chavvy now."