Definición de chav en inglés:
sustantivoBritish informal , derogatory
A young lower-class person typified by brash and loutish behaviour and the wearing of (real or imitation) designer clothes.
- The anti-social behaviour of male chavs seems to reflect their realisation that they are an underclass, not really needed any more, except when young for unskilled manual jobs.
- Then I spot a group of five or six real chavs in hooded tops and trackie bottoms sitting on a wall by a bus stop.
- He is England's most exciting young footballing talent, a teenage multi-millionaire… and a chav.
1990s: probably from Romany chavo 'boy, youth' or chavvy 'baby, child': sometimes said to have originated in Chatham, Kent, and to be a shortening of that name.
- Example sentences
- I'd rather die than wear a chavvy baseball cap.
- I'd run completely out of petrol so an essential trip to the local chavvy garage was in order.
- "England is very thuggish and chavvy now."
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan