- 1A succulent green pear-shaped tropical fruit which resembles cucumber in flavour.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- To make it onto Northern market shelves, chayote must be light green, smooth to the touch, about 15 cm long and 450 grams in weight, and without blemishes.
- An entire Cornish hen baked in a red curry and served in a basket, it was served with a side of sautéed chayote (a green squash) and a small dish of kecap lombok, which may be one of my favourite things in the world.
- The notoriously prolific zucchini is perhaps the best-known summer squash, but the group also includes chayote, yellow crookneck and straightneck squash, as well as pattypans.
- 2The tropical American vine which yields the chayote, also producing an edible yam-like tuberous root.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Sechium edule, family Cucurbitaceae
- To complicate matters, international demand for ethnic foods is unstable and the competition is fierce from other Latin American countries, meaning that prices for chayote rise and fall often and without advance notice.
late 19th century: from Spanish, from Nahuatl chayotli.
Más definiciones de chayoteDefinición de chayote en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.