Definición de cheapjack en inglés:
A seller of cheap inferior goods, typically a hawker at a fair or market.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- A cheapjack calling himself Dr Marigold took pity on this deaf and dumb child who resembled his daughter who had died.
- The days when the farmer was the cheapjack are over.
- However, it can scarcely have always been so, unless every fairground showman, circus performer, strolling player, cheapjack and Punch and Judy man in history was gay, which seems somewhat unlikely.
adjetivochiefly North American Volver al principio
Of inferior quality: a cheapjack vehicle
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- It was a cheapjack company that paid writers and artists at rates ranging from poor to involuntary servitude, then printed their wares on presses that were outmoded.
- The director decided to take ‘the opportunity to beat his cheapjack imitators at their own game’.
- I looked forward to that, and began reading avidly, but soon the sonnets went off into a very cheapjack self parody, and I thought oh, how easy!
Palabras que riman con cheapjacksteeplejack • skipjack
Definición de cheapjack en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda