- 1A smooth block fitted to the stock of a rifle or shotgun and resting against the face when aiming from the shoulder.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Typical of their classic styling, the rifle features a beaded cheekpiece and contrasting ebony forend tip.
- Of course I had to study the photos to check out all of the features, and I noticed that there appears to be something interesting about the cheekpiece of that stock.
- He indicated that future rifles will have a somewhat redesigned stock with a Monte Carlo cheekpiece.
- 2Either of the two straps of a horse’s bridle joining the bit and the headpiece.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The horse also proved the value of the controversial sheepskin cheekpieces which are now regularly fitted to horses who find blinkers and visors too claustrophobic.
- He had worn cheekpieces that day, but as they did not have the desired effect Balding decided to apply the blinkers in a bid to encourage him to put his best foot forward.
- The Jockey Club will shortly insist that the cheekpieces, like blinkers and visors, are declared on racecards - about time too, as punters know they can improve horses but don't know if they're being worn.
- 3A bar on a horse’s bit which lies outside the mouth.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- I tied the reins of his horse to the saddle rings of my mare, and then took her bridle at the cheekpiece and coaxed her in.
Más definiciones de cheekpieceDefinición de cheekpiece en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.