sustantivo (plural chelae /-liː/)Zoology
- A pincer-like claw, especially of a crab or other crustacean. Compare with chelicera.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The new material permits a more complete description of the organism, including more details concerning the margins, the dorsal carapace, the venter, and the chelae.
- A male courts a female by touching her with his antennae and chelae (claws).
- He cited 25 species, 11 of which were based on chelae only.
mid 17th century: modern Latin, from Latin chele or Greek khēlē 'claw'.
- A follower and pupil of a guru.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Between its covers, we discover Skelton as a friend, philosopher and guide to a whole generation of global chelas.
- The chela remembers his guru's promise to help.
- They share a guru-chela tie; but who is the guru and who the chela?
from Hindi celā.