Definición de chiaroscuro en inglés:
1The treatment of light and shade in drawing and painting.
- The brusque application of plaster disrupts the logic of the painting's chiaroscuro.
- Each vignette, usually showing one or two figures, is a little anthology of effects, combining contour drawing, crosshatching, chiaroscuro, graphic boldness and delicate detailing.
- Then he saw the light - in the form of Caravaggio's dramatic chiaroscuro - and became one of that master's most resourceful followers.
1.1An effect of contrasted light and shadow: the chiaroscuro of cobbled streets
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Inhabiting these buildings are the depth, the reflections, the veils, the chiaroscuros, and an attenuated clarity that are created by the shade.
- The column screens and niches around the room create a mysterious and alluring chiaroscuro effect.
- I also distrust the general air onstage of High Significance, which owes far too much to the handsome chiaroscuro of the lighting and the future-chic costumes.
Definición de chiaroscuro en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary