Definición de chiasmus en inglés:
A rhetorical or literary figure in which words, grammatical constructions, or concepts are repeated in reverse order.
- One such description occurs in the opening lines of the poem as Milton joins two rhetorical devices, chiasmus and paradox, to declare his subject.
- Ovid's chiasmus is a rhetorical picture of the lovers being pulled apart.
- An analysis of this speech reveals that the student used varied repetition strategies, including anaphora, antithesis, chiasmus, and parallelism.
- Example sentences
- A series of chiastic inversions mark the last three lines.
- Rather, there is a chiastic relationship between Pascal and Goethe.
- It would appear that verses 1-11 of Zechariah 14 are expressed as a chiastic structure with verses 6 and 7 being the turning point.
Definición de chiasmus en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary