Definición de chic en inglés:
adjetivo (chicer, chicest)
- The management of this chic Fifth Avenue fashion store had dared to rearrange the artist's installation.
- No other country in the world, they say, has such a dazzling array of chic fashion on offer.
- The classy curls, gels, trendy perms, and chic colours have not seemed to inspire us!
sustantivo[mass noun] Volver al principio
- His clothes are an example of how young designers emphasize chic yet maintain an urban sensibility.
- It is a deliberate attempt to be different, a blatant statement that the cars are for the discerning driver who loves designer chic.
- Suddenly, he's the older man and those grey hairs speak years, rather than designer chic.
- chicly adverbio
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- He is fantastic, and his cautionary sentiments about war are warmly supported by the newly and chicly democratic audience.
- Seen in profile, the self-possessed Peter gazes contemplatively to her right, while the self-portrayed Brooks stares out with steely eyes hooded by the shadows of an imposing, chicly butch hat.
- Underwear with suspender elastic hanging off may have looked chicly fetishistic on the women but positively frightful on the men.
- chicness sustantivo
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Perhaps the booze run devalued French chicness, replacing it with French cheapness.
- Doesn't ‘Biore’ sound like it should be an adjective indicating chicness?
Mid 19th century: from French, probably from German Schick 'skill'.
Adopted from French, chic ‘elegantly fashionable’ is probably from German Schick ‘skill’.
Palabras que riman con chicantique, batik, beak, bespeak, bezique, bleak, boutique, cacique, caïque, cheek, clique, creak, creek, critique, Dominique, eke, freak, geek, Greek, hide-and-seek, keek, Lalique, leak, leek, Martinique, meek, midweek, Mozambique, Mustique, mystique, oblique, opéra comique, ortanique, peak, Peake, peek, physique, pique, pratique, reek, seek, shriek, Sikh, sleek, sneak, speak, Speke, squeak, streak, teak, technique, tongue-in-cheek, tweak, unique, veronique, weak, week, wreak
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.