A squirrel with red fur, found in the coniferous forests of North America.
- Genus Tamiasciurus, family Sciuridae: three species
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The trail rambles gently through dry lodgepoles alive with chickarees and golden-mantled ground squirrels.
- Waking up in a bed, in a room, was strangely silent; no birds, no chickarees, no creek rushing by.
- Watch for small mammals such as chickarees, marmots, and rock and golden-mantled ground squirrels.
early 19th century: imitative of its call.
Definición de chickaree en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.