- A great ape with large ears, mainly black coloration, and lighter skin on the face, native to the forests of west and central Africa. Chimpanzees show advanced behaviour such as the making and using of tools.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Genus Pan, family Pongidae: the common chimpanzee (P. troglodytes) and the bonobo
- The argument is at its most powerful when it comes to the great apes chimpanzees, gorillas and orang-utans.
- The apes are a category of primates represented in Africa by gorilla, chimpanzees and bonobo.
- The net effect is that hunting bonobos, chimpanzees, and gorillas has now become big business.
mid 18th century: from French chimpanzé, from Kikongo.
Más definiciones de chimpanzeeDefinición de chimpanzee en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.