Definición de chinquapin en inglés:
1A North American chestnut tree.
- Several species in the family Fagaceae, in particular Castanea pumila
- They're also checking related species - chestnuts, beeches, and chinquapins - as well as rhododendron and huckleberry relatives: manzanitas, cranberries, and more.
- West Texas generally offers landscapes of muted colors - sepia earth and vast sun-bleached skies - but this canyon cradles a riparian forest of big-tooth maple, alligator juniper, and chinquapin oak.
- Black oak, red oak, chinquapin oak, bitternut hickory, and pignut hickory are common near hill summits, where the driest conditions prevail.
early 17th century: from Virginia Algonquian.
Definición de chinquapin en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan