- 1A North American chestnut tree.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Several species in the family Fagaceae, in particular Castanea pumila
- They're also checking related species - chestnuts, beeches, and chinquapins - as well as rhododendron and huckleberry relatives: manzanitas, cranberries, and more.
- West Texas generally offers landscapes of muted colors - sepia earth and vast sun-bleached skies - but this canyon cradles a riparian forest of big-tooth maple, alligator juniper, and chinquapin oak.
- Black oak, red oak, chinquapin oak, bitternut hickory, and pignut hickory are common near hill summits, where the driest conditions prevail.
- 1.1The edible nut of the chinquapin.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- They sometimes also offered small quantities of chinquapin nuts and, rarely, walnuts.
- Chestnuts, chinquapins, and other nuts could also be gathered from the woods.
early 17th century: from Virginia Algonquian.
Más definiciones de chinquapinDefinición de chinquapin en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.