Definición de chisel en inglés:
- They would also have used tools such as planes, axes, adzes, draw knives, wedges, knives, chisels, hammers, mallets, awls, gouges, and spoon augers (a type of drill).
- This type of leather craft involves hand tools like a chisel and hammer to create intricate designs.
- Carpenters had mallets, hammers, drills, chisels, scrapers, planes, and copper saws at their disposal.
verbo (chisels, chiselling, chiselled; US chisels, chiseling, chiseled)[with object] Volver al principio
- Way back in the early days of the last century it was chiselled into shape in Pairc Mor Wood or Garrdha Chill.
- Two huge standing Buddhas were chiselled into the cliff more than 1,500 years ago in the central Bamiyan Valley on the ancient Silk Route linking Europe and Central Asia.
- Then he chips and chisels the block, carving out the small figurines.
- On our job the pay rate for new construction was significantly higher than for repairs, so the company chiseled us by classifying everything as repairs.
- Do you think you can chisel me out of a fortune and then prance over here and try me on like a secondhand suit?
- Remember, if you to try to chisel me here I'm gonna slice you up.
scissors from (Late Middle English):
Scissors is from Old French cisoires, from late Latin cisoria, the plural of cisorium ‘cutting instrument’. The prefix cis- here is a variant of caes-, from caedere ‘to cut’, a variant also found in chisel (Late Middle English). The spelling with sc- occurred in the 16th century by association with the Latin sciss- from scinder ‘to cut’.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- It's chiselers and cheats and the whole thing makes me sick.
- Then it was placed before the court to decide who should support the little chiseller, or the Scandinavian equivalent.
- Well the problem with the minimum wage and Mr Howard is that Mr Howard is the chief chiseller.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.