- 1A long woollen tunic worn in ancient Greece.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- To begin the day the class dressed in their chitons and prepared for an Olympics.
- Over the chiton, if you could afford it, a woollen cloak was worn, made from an oblong piece of cloth, usually simply draped around the body, sometimes pinned on one side.
- I pulled on a chiton and wrapped a himation around me since the day was cool.
- 2A marine mollusc that has an oval flattened body with a shell of overlapping plates.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Class Polyplacophora
- A chiton has eight overlapping shell plates, and can, if dislodged, roll into a rough ball with its plates on the exterior.
- We do have pages on the Solenogastres and the worm-like Caudofoveata, as well as the chitons and some early shelled mollusks, the Rostroconchia.
- Conchiferans are ‘all molluscs except chitons and aplacophorans’ - i.e. snails, cephalopods, etc.
from Greek khitōn 'tunic'. sense 2 is a modern Latin genus name.
Más definiciones de chitonDefinición de chiton en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.