- (In certain fungi) a thick-walled hyphal cell which functions like a spore.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The rensa mutant produced chlamydospores acrogenously from hyphae or by the modification of hyphal cells, as did the wild type.
- Elevated temperatures and inducing substances including serum components and N-acetylglucosamine lead to the conversion of yeast to hyphal cells; other conditions induce pseudohyphae or chlamydospores.
- In the early report of Heineman and colleagues, 3 chlamydospores were observed histologically in the cardiac vegetation of a diabetic patient with C albicans endocarditis, as well as in kidney abscesses.
late 19th century: from Greek khlamus, khlamud- 'cloak' + spore.
Más definiciones de chlamydosporeDefinición de chlamydospore en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.