- A short cloak worn by men in ancient Greece.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Greek men tended to travel light, with only a pouch slung over their shoulder containing a single change of clothes - a short cape or chlamys; some cooking utensils; and a woollen blanket for bedding.
- David is shown as a young, beardless figure with short, dark hair, clad in a purple chlamys, fastened at the shoulder (though no fibula is represented), beneath which a white and golden yellow garment can be seen.
- David wears the adult dress of a Byzantine courtier, consisting of an ankle-length chlamys and a long-sleeved tunic.
late 17th century: from Greek khlamus 'cloak'.
Más definiciones de chlamysDefinición de chlamys en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.