- Choking or suffocating gas, typically carbon dioxide, that is found in mines and other underground spaces.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Advice was also given not to step down in any deep hole which might be seen without holding the candle forward, in which case if there was choke-damp it would go out, which would be fair warning.
- But after a few days of rest and recovery he was lowered again, with some precautions against choke-damp, to chip down another ten feet, when water was struck.
- Many a companion of mine have I seen dead with choke-damp, but none that I ever saw or heard of was so near to death in it as you were and escaped without help.
Más definiciones de choke-dampDefinición de choke-damp en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.