- A compound of the sterol type found in most body tissues. Cholesterol and its derivatives are important constituents of cell membranes and precursors of other steroid compounds, but high concentrations in the blood are thought to promote atherosclerosis.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Chemical formula: C27H45OH
- Nephrotic syndrome also features abnormally high levels of blood cholesterol.
- They contain a soluble fiber that mops up the precursors of cholesterol in the body.
- I didn't know what good cholesterol was and bad cholesterol and what the numbers were supposed to be.
late 19th century: from Greek kholē 'bile' + stereos 'stiff' + -ol.
Más definiciones de cholesterolDefinición de cholesterol en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.