past participle of choose.
Having been selected as the best or most appropriate: he is by no means a forerunner in his chosen field
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Those who want to work in their chosen fields often have to migrate to other countries.
- Thus a person's chosen lawyer may be ill or engaged elsewhere or conflicted out.
- She really is an exceptional woman and her commitment to her chosen sport is astounding.
- A small group of people who enjoy special privileges or treatment, typically in a way thought to be unfair: why have they kept this secret to themselves, the chosen few?Más ejemplos en oraciones
- After centuries of changing political rule, however, education became the privilege of a chosen few, and was confined within the walls of the palaces.
- Every deficiency is magnified, the feelings of loneliness, poverty, and hopelessness casting long and cold shadows over the snow in the face of the opulence of the chosen few.
- Luke is one of the lucky chosen few, and the admission could mean realising his dreams of entering a prominent law school.
- The Jewish people considered (in Jewish and Christian tradition) as having been selected by God for a special relationship with him.Oraciones de ejemplo
- Originally a secular movement, Zionism has its foundation in the Millenarian belief that the Jews, the chosen people of God, will be reunited from diaspora (dispersion or exile) in their rightful homeland.
- We need to stand together and remain the chosen people.
- He is preaching to Israel, God's chosen people, those who worshiped at the temple and synagogue and believed in the God of Abraham.
- 2.1(In Christian use) those destined for salvation; believing Christians.Oraciones de ejemplo
- In the new covenant introduced by Jesus, we have all become God's chosen people, called to spread the marvelous truth of his love to the world.
- God's chosen people become willing in the day of His power.
- We are all a chosen people, beloved of God, redeemed by the blood of Christ.
Palabras que riman con chosenfrozen
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: chosen
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda