An atom or group whose presence is responsible for the colour of a compound.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- While researchers have discovered all colored compounds do indeed contain one or more chromophores, not all chromophore containing compounds are colored.
- Fading occurs when any chemical process breaks the sequence of conjugated double bonds constituting the chromophore - the dye moiety that imparts colour.
- Benzene compounds with which chromophores are combined are known as chromogens.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Such heterogeneous systems are generally characterized by the confinement of groups of chromophoric molecules to micron- or submicron-sized structures, which are dispersed in a buffered, partly aqueous medium.
- As the chromophoric part of the molecule is inserted deeper in the membrane, singlet oxygen is produced by photosensitization at a greater depth.
- Here, internal protonation processes between the chromophoric group and the proton binding site close to the chromophoric group were assumed.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: chromo|phore
Definición de chromophore en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda