The branch of biology concerned with cyclical physiological phenomena.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Night fears are justified: chronobiology, the study of how the time of day affects the body's functions, is beginning to show that many diseases become worse at night.
- Some education in sleep medicine and chronobiology occurs in undergraduate medical education, and additional curricular efforts to expand this exposure are underway at these levels of training.
- In the lexicon of chronobiology, the science of body time, Dave is an owl and I'm a lark, and learning how to deal with the difference can turn you into a top performer.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Our study supports the beliefs of many chronobiologists or body clock scientists, who have suggested that if we don't listen to our body clock we won't perform as effectively.
- ‘Everyone knows how to tell time, but few people know how to tell body time,’ says Michael Smolensky, Ph.D., a chronobiologist, University of Texas-Houston professor and co-author of The Body Clock Guide to Better Health.
- For the first five weeks MacArthur averaged 5.54 hours sleep a day; for the past 10 days she's been down to less than four, though she has been taught techniques to help her catnap by Claudio Stampi, a ‘chronobiologist’.
Definición de chronobiology en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.