Definición de chronology en inglés:
sustantivo (plural chronologies)[mass noun]
1The arrangement of events or dates in the order of their occurrence: the novel abandons the conventions of normal chronology
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The interviews are not arranged in order of birth chronology or in any other particular sequence.
- There are six sections in the anthology that are arranged by genre and chronology.
- After I told my family and a whole lot of assembled villagers the entire chronology of events the third time over, I excused myself and went indoors.
1.1 [count noun] A list which has a chronological arrangement.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- She has provided a detailed commentary on Ray's films and compiled an extensive filmography, added a chronology, and updated the index.
- The author has added maps, a chronology, subject index, list of further reading and, under an appendix labelled ‘Politics’ a list of heads of state and governments since 1918.
- All have been carefully edited with helpful introductions, notes, reading lists and useful chronologies.
1.2The study of historical records to establish the dates of past events: his book transformed prehistoric chronology by applying the results of carbon dating
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- A chronological history is, however, difficult to present because of the lack of concern of the ancient Indians to chronology and historical perspective.
- Just how that could be done in a vacuum, with pupils ignorant of historical events or chronology, was not explained.
- This gentry subscribed liberally to the clergymen's local histories, incorporating chronology, natural history and meteorology.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- And that, I'll repeat for the chronologists, did not begin in 2003-it began with colonialism and Empire.
- Rather, it is an attempt to clarify some issues in Biblical chronology, so that some common ground can be established amongst creationist chronologists.
- The May 1/3 discrepancy has long been a puzzle to chronologists, having been pointed out at least as early as 1590.
Palabras que riman con chronologyanthropology, apology, archaeology (US archeology), astrology, biology, campanology, cardiology, climatology, cosmology, craniology, criminology, dermatology, ecology, embryology, entomology, epidemiology, etymology, geology, gynaecology (US gynecology), haematology (US hematology), hagiology, horology, hydrology, iconology, ideology, immunology, iridology, kidology, meteorology, methodology, musicology, mythology, necrology, neurology, numerology, oncology, ontology, ophthalmology, ornithology, parasitology, pathology, pharmacology, phraseology, phrenology, physiology, psychology, radiology, reflexology, scatology, Scientology, seismology, semiology, sociology, symbology, tautology, technology, terminology, theology, topology, toxicology, urology, zoology • eulogy • energy • synergy • apogee • liturgy • lethargy
Definición de chronology en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
= de moda