Definición de chronostratigraphy en inglés:
The branch of geology concerned with establishing the absolute ages of strata.
- This unique succession of ammonoid assemblages allows unequivocal recognition of European substage-level chronostratigraphy across the mid-Carboniferous boundary interval in North America for the first time.
- Stratigraphy, then, was originally concerned with rocks, that is, lithostratigraphy; it soon afterwards included the ranges of fossils throughout the successions, biostratigraphy; and the more abstract chronostratigraphy.
- A tentative correlation with a Tethyan reference carbon-isotope curve allows the provisional application of stage-level chronostratigraphy to the Wealden Group.
- Example sentences
- The division of the Phanerozoic into chronostratigraphic divisions - eras, periods, epochs and ages - has itself evolved over a period of about 200 years.
- Marine tephra layers form important chronostratigraphic markers and may also provide information on eruption dynamics and chronology.
- Spectral gamma-ray logs provide additional data on lithological composition that can aid identification of chronostratigraphic surfaces in a high-resolution sequence stratigraphic correlation framework.
Definición de chronostratigraphy en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan