- 1An Old World sedge which yields an edible tuber, cultivated in some marshy regions of Spain and Italy. Also called tiger nut.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Cyperus esculentus variety sativus, family Cyperaceae
- And because of their hardy nature, a plot of chufas will last for years in poor soil as well as fertilized fields.
- Today he has six chufa plots and credits chufas with holding more birds on his land.
- Wild turkeys will destroy a food plot containing chufas if the grazing pressure is too high.
- 1.1 [mass noun] The tuber of the chufa plant, which may be roasted or made into flour or juice.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Archaeologists have even found vases of chufas in the tombs of Pharaohs.
- Now put the chufas in a blender until they turn into a soft paste.
- Horchata de chufas is a traditional drink based on the juice obtained from mashed chufas (tiger nuts).
mid 19th century: from Spanish.
Más definiciones de chufaDefinición de chufa en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.