(US also chukker)
- Each of a number of periods (typically six, of 7 1/ 2 minutes each) into which play in a game of polo is divided.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Within a week I was playing her as a spare in the Open first game, playing her a full chukker in the second game and she never looked back.
- The first section plays a 6-8 minute period or ‘chukka,’ then will rest and cool off their horses while the second section plays the second chukka.
- In the final chukker the Army scored a second, but the Navy's Royal captain struck back, setting up a seventh for OM Grant Fraser.
late 19th century: from Hindi cakkar, from Sanskrit cakra 'circle or wheel'.
Más definiciones de chukkaDefinición de chukka en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.