sustantivo[mass noun] Physiology
The pulpy acidic fluid which passes from the stomach to the small intestine, consisting of gastric juices and partly digested food.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The rate of emptying of chyme from the stomach varies with the composition of the meal.
- The mixture of gastric secretions, saliva, and food, known collectively as chyme, moves to the small intestine.
- The body of the stomach produces acid and has a muscular digestive function for mixing chyme.
late Middle English: from late Latin chymus, from Greek khūmos 'juice' (compare with chyle). The Greek words khūlos and khūmos are from the same root and more or less identical in sense.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- When solid food becomes chymous (ie, liquid in consistency), it passes through the pyloric sphincter into the duodenum.
Definición de chyme en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.