Definición de chyme en inglés:
sustantivo[mass noun] Physiology
The pulpy acidic fluid which passes from the stomach to the small intestine, consisting of gastric juices and partly digested food.
- The rate of emptying of chyme from the stomach varies with the composition of the meal.
- The mixture of gastric secretions, saliva, and food, known collectively as chyme, moves to the small intestine.
- The body of the stomach produces acid and has a muscular digestive function for mixing chyme.
- Example sentences
- When solid food becomes chymous (ie, liquid in consistency), it passes through the pyloric sphincter into the duodenum.
Definición de chyme en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan