Definición de ciborium en inglés:
sustantivo (plural ciboria /-rɪə/)
1A receptacle shaped like a shrine or a cup with an arched cover, used in the Christian Church to hold the Eucharist.
- Sometimes there are two dishes, a knight on a bier, a head in a dish, a stone, or a ciborium.
- One of these formal tracings is color-coded according to the materials employed, and it details the contours and regulating lines for a silver-gilt ciborium.
- In one of the more memorable scenes Huguette's religious advisers held a ciborium over Leonarde's head, and she was required to lower herself continually so that her head never rose above the Eucharist within it.
2A canopy over an altar in a church, standing on four pillars.
- This polygonal stage overhangs the altar and thus serves as a monumental ciborium for liturgical activity below.
- The four-sided capital, proposed here as part of a tomb niche, was more likely part of a freestanding ciborium or architectural support.
- It was unified with the altar, its frame echoed the architecture of the building and in some cases, like the high altar in St Peter's, Rome, was given a ciborium.
Definición de ciborium en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary