- Poisoning by neurotoxins as a result of eating the flesh of tropical marine fish that carries a toxic dinoflagellate.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- This is caused by Gambierdiscus toxicus, division (or phylum) Dinophyta
- However, a few species, such as the blue parrotfish and one Indo-Pacific species, have caused ciguatera in humans.
- Seafood ingestion syndromes such as diarrhetic shellfish poisoning, ciguatera poisoning, and scombroid poisoning also can cause diarrhea in travelers.
- Each year, ciguatera poisoning accounts for several thousand illnesses in Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, Hawaii, and Florida.
mid 19th century: from American Spanish, from cigua 'sea snail'.
Más definiciones de ciguateraDefinición de ciguatera en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.