Definición de circuit en inglés:
- The circuit was almost finished, and I was second.
- He finished a circuit around the main square.
- Grunting, he picked up one sack, bearing it with him as he finished the circuit of the booths.
- A growing theatre company is developing its circuit of rural venues by bringing a piece of contemporary dynamite to local stages.
- She secured the coveted title of Sports Personality of the Year based on her outstanding performances on the international circuit last year.
- The comedian has been a regular performer at major venues on the national circuit.
- If your hotel has a fitness center, this is the day to add a light circuit of resistance training to work all your muscles.
- There will also be a five-week circuit training course beginning on January 12.
- Performing a circuit workout once or twice a week will at least keep you in the habit of training.
- The circuit court judge who heard the case at trial directed the jury to find for the plaintiff.
- A neighbours' squabble over late-night noise ended in court before a circuit judge, 12 jurors and two barristers.
- It was the kind of decision that the liberal judges on the circuit normally ask the court to rehear.
- The country was divided by Henry II into six judicial circuits for the purpose of bringing royal justice to all regions.
- Six tourism circuits will be identified for development to international standards during 2002-03.
- The commissioners were major lay and ecclesiastical lords with only small landholdings in the shires of the circuit.
- There are other churches on the Methodist circuit in Accrington so there might be other people in other churches prepared to help.
- The cathedral is set to be packed for the service, with all tickets already distributed through deaneries and Methodist circuits.
- There are currently around 11 Methodist churches in the Keighley circuit.
- He had learned that an inductance coil was a closed circuit with no current of its own.
- When the charges connect, effectively closing a circuit, electric energy flows along that jagged path.
- When air is brought into contact with the second electrode, current flows through any circuit linking the two electrodes.
- She cannot list the major components in an electrical circuit even though they were described in the chapter.
- Power electronics technology uses electronic circuits to convert and control electric energy with optimum efficiency.
- The components of the circuit are checked against specific parameters.
verbo[with object] Volver al principio
- You will accompany me as we backtrack through art's history, before circuiting the globe in pursuit of art's diverse manifestations.
- There is a railway with model trains circuiting the room.
- An American couple, circuiting the perimeter, had just visited HMS Britannia.
circle from Old English:
The root of circle is Latin circulus ‘small ring’, from circus ‘ring’, the source of our word circus (Late Middle English). A Roman circus was a rounded or oval arena lined with tiers of seats, where chariot races, gladiatorial combats, and other, often cruel, contests took place. Names like Piccadilly Circus were attached to open, more or less circular areas in towns where streets converged. Other words from the same root include circuit (Late Middle English) from Latin circum ire ‘go around’, and circulate (Late Middle English) ‘move in a circular path’. Come or turn full circle is a reference to ‘The Wheele is come full circle’ in Shakespeare's King Lear. The wheel is the one thought of as being turned by the goddess Fortune and symbolizing change.
Palabras que riman con circuitshort-circuit
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.