Definición de circumflex en inglés:
(also circumflex accent) A mark (^) placed over a vowel in some languages to indicate contraction, length, or a particular quality.
- The evidence is that originally the German keyboard produced circumflexes instead of umlauts but it was replaced by an English keyboard.
- The French have had a crack at reforming plurals and circumflexes.
- Some speakers would give these words the circumflex, but it would be the rising circumflex, so that the sound would still terminate with the rising inflection.
adjetivoAnatomy Volver al principio
Bending round something else; curved: circumflex coronary arteries
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- 4 left circumflex coronary arteries were affected.
- The left circumflex coronary artery showed severe calcific atherosclerosis.
- Although there is great individual variation, most people have three major coronary arteries: the right coronary artery, left anterior descending branch and left circumflex branch.
Definición de circumflex en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary