- 1Situated around or inhabiting one of the earth’s poles: circumpolar arctic areasMás ejemplos en oraciones
- But it is equally applicable to rural and remote areas in much of the world, and in sparsely populated regions such as the Arctic circumpolar area.
- About 100,000 inhabit northern circumpolar waters in at least 29 separate stocks, with the largest concentration in Canada's Hudson Bay.
- Daily mean temperature and total daily precipitation records were obtained from climatic stations for the circumpolar Arctic for the decades 1976-85 and 1986-95.
- 1.1 Astronomy (Of a star or motion) above the horizon at all times in a given latitude: the Plough is circumpolar from BritainMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Since the compass had not yet been invented, there are two ways this could have been accomplished: by celestial sightings, using a circumpolar star, or by sighting on the sun.
- One idiosyncrasy of this method was that because these two stars were circumpolar (they never set), they could be seen from Egypt year - round.
- In other higher latitudes, it would become circumpolar, never setting - the land of the midnight moon, one could say.
Más definiciones de circumpolarDefinición de circumpolar en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.