- A method of bronze casting using a clay core and a wax coating placed in a mould. The wax is melted in the mould and drained out, and bronze poured into the space left, producing a hollow bronze figure when the core is discarded. Also called lost wax.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Most of the main metalworking techniques were well developed, including casting (in two piece and cire perdue (lost wax) moulds), alloying, annealing, sheet metalwork, riveting, wire-making, graving, and soldering.
- The lost-wax process (cire perdue) remains the tried and true method.
- They have been beautifully inscribed on both sides of the tablet, either from a mould using the cire perdue (lost wax) technique or, more probably, by direct engraving on the bronze.
French, 'lost wax'.
Más definiciones de cire perdueDefinición de cire perdue en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.