- A chronic disease of the liver marked by degeneration of cells, inflammation, and fibrous thickening of tissue. It is typically a result of alcoholism or hepatitis.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Chronic viral hepatitis is the main cause of chronic liver disease, cirrhosis and hepatocellular carcinoma throughout the world.
- Cases progress slowly resulting in chronic liver diseases, cirrhosis and cancer.
- It is also common in people with widespread cancer, leukaemia, diabetes, cirrhosis of the liver or major burns.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The development of ascites is an important event in chronic liver disease as half of cirrhotic patients with ascites die within two years.
- Common cirrhotic ascites is managed with diuretics and sodium restriction.
- The levels in tuberculous ascitis were significantly higher than those in cirrhotic or malignant ascitis.
early 19th century: modern Latin, from Greek kirrhos 'tawny' (because this is the colour of the liver in many cases).
Más definiciones de cirrhosisDefinición de cirrhosis en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.