sustantivo (plural ciscoes)
- A freshwater whitefish of northern countries, most species of which are important food fishes.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Genus Coregonus, family Salmonidae: several species
- They prey on such fish as the cisco (lake herring), lake whitefish, central mudminnow, and golden shiner.
- Overfishing of other species of ciscoes has reduced populations, and shifted more pressure to Coregonus hoyi.
- Coregonine fishes in New York, both whitefish and cisco, have been extensively introduced into waters outside of their natural ranges, such as lakes in the Adirondack Mountains.
mid 19th century: of unknown origin.
Más definiciones de ciscoDefinición de cisco en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.