Definición de citadel en inglés:
1A fortress, typically one on high ground above a city: the garrison withdrew into the citadel figurative citadels of private economic power
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Peter's army stormed the citadel and sacked the city, killing several thousand inhabitants and local Byzantine troops.
- Each city was laid out on a grid plan with a high citadel and a lower city of domestic dwellings.
- Victory eluded the British for three months, until Wolfe successfully landed men on the Plains of Abraham above the citadel.
2A meeting hall of the Salvation Army.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The court was told that he had gained the trust when he served at Salvation Army citadels.
- Presumably, it was meant to honour the Salvation Army citadel that stood there until the 1990s.
- The regional headquarters have already shifted to another neighbourhood and the decision was finally taken two years ago to sell off the citadel so that a new facility could be built.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en Malasia
Muy popular en India